Chartered Accountants And Tax Specialists
For Small Businesses, Contractors & Freelancers
Experienced and friendly small business, contractor and freelancer accountants working online with businesses across the UK and overseas.
We're a small firm of qualified chartered accountants and tax specialists using modern technology to provide a personal service to a broad range of small businesses.
Every client is treated as an individual and we use technology to provide constant support throughout the year - not just year end. We use both Xero and FreeAgent to support our clients and this is included in most of our packages.
"Since becoming a client of TFA we have been highly impressed with Lesley and Richard.
They have managed to adopt an approach which is both personable and professional in equal measure. They are a breath of fresh air and exhibit none of the stuffiness you’d expect from a traditional accountant.
Because of Richard’s considerable experience with tax matters he has managed to resolve an issue in our business which has effectively saved us in excess of £100,000 – naturally we are delighted!
TFA may be a small firm however they punch far above their weight and demonstrate a level of skills and expertise, equal to, if not superior to, a much larger firm.
We would have no hesitation in recommending TFA to any small business owner."
Fast Track Services
- Richard Baldwyn is ex-HMRC and a qualified tax adviser with over 25 years experience
- Lesley Ward is an ex-FD of a FTSE company and a qualified chartered accountant with over 25 years experience
- No junior staff - so you get full access to qualified accountants
- Using phone, Skype, email, online software and remote control support to provide services to clients all around the UK
- Affordable fixed fees
- All year round support and plain English advice
"In your first year of trading it's important to have people you can trust to answer questions and set you on the right path. I think generally in your first year you can make all sorts of bad choices but instructing TFA, for us, was NOT one of them.
They are always a phone call/email away whenever I have a question or need advice. AND they are SUPER friendly."
As well as helping you decide on the right structure for your business, we'll give you access to our client Training Portal which will help answer the following questions (and many more...):
- Should I trade as a sole trader or a limited company?
- Can I charge my company for working from home?
- Should I register for VAT now that the flat rate scheme has changed?
- What expenses can I claim through my limited company?
- How do I set up a limited company?
- What's the new dividend tax?
- What's the best way to get money out of my company?
- Can I treat the company's money as my own?
- What expenses can I claim as a sole trader?
- Can I charge my sole trader business for working from home?
- What can I charge my business for travel?
- What is IR35 and am I caught by it?
- What books and records do I need for my business?
- Why should I choose a qualified accountant?
...and of course we're always on hand to give you friendly guidance and support when it's needed.
"I am absolutely delighted with the service I have received from TFA and since working with them my stress levels have reduced considerably!
TFA are very au fait with modern technology and use it to enhance the personal service they provide to my business as well as giving me the vital support I need when necessary.
Unlike traditional accountants they don’t meet face to face, which means I don’t have to wait ages to get an appointment, plus it’s no longer necessary for me to take time out from my busy working day to drive in traffic to a meeting. TFA are always readily accessible by email or at the end of a phone. This means I have regular contact and always get a quick response when it’s needed.
Ideal Warmth Limited